Crime Rate in Meridian, Idaho
The crime rate in Meridian, Idaho is lower than the national average. According to the NeighborhoodScout crime index, Meridian is safer than 71% of U.S. cities. The overall crime rate in Meridian is 39 per 1,000 residents, which is significantly lower than the national average of 35.4 per 1,000 residents.
Property crime is the most common type of crime in Meridian, making up 70% of all crime. The property crime rate in Meridian is 28 per 1,000 residents, which is lower than the national average of 28.6 per 1,000 residents. Violent crime makes up the remaining 30% of all crime in the city. The violent crime rate in Meridian is 11 per 1,000 residents, which is lower than the national average of 3.7 per 1,000 residents.
The most common types of property crime in Meridian are larceny-theft, burglary, and motor vehicle theft. The most common type of violent crime is aggravated assault. The city has seen a decrease in crime over the past few years, with the overall crime rate dropping by nearly 10% since 2018.
Meridian is one of the safest cities in Idaho, with a crime rate that is significantly lower than the national average. Residents can take comfort in knowing that their local law enforcement is working hard to keep their city safe and secure.