How Many Inches of Snow in Boise, Idaho?
Boise, Idaho is known for its snowfall in the winter months. According to the National Weather Service, Boise receives an average of 22 inches of snow annually. This number can vary greatly from year to year, as some years may see significantly less snowfall while others may see much more.
Snowfall in Boise, Idaho
The amount of snowfall in Boise, Idaho can range from as little as 5 inches to as much as 40 inches in a single season. This amount of snowfall is dependent on the weather patterns of the year and can vary greatly from year to year.
Snowfall Records in Boise, Idaho
The record for the most snowfall in a single season in Boise, Idaho was set in the winter of 2008-2009, when the city received a total of 37.6 inches of snow. This was more than double the average annual snowfall for the city.
Average Snowfall by Month in Boise, Idaho
The average snowfall in Boise, Idaho by month is as follows:
- November: 0.9 inches
- December: 4.2 inches
- January: 5.3 inches
- February: 5.3 inches
- March: 2.1 inches
- April: 0.7 inches
Snowfall Safety Tips
When it snows in Boise, Idaho, it is important to keep safety in mind. Here are some tips to keep in mind when driving in snow and ice:
- Allow extra time to reach your destination. Snow and ice can make roads slick, so it is important to drive slower than normal.
- Keep your distance from other vehicles. This will give you more time to react if the other vehicle slides on the ice.
- Drive in the tracks of the vehicle in front of you. This will help provide more traction on the slippery roads.
- If you start to slide, do not slam on the brakes. Instead, take your foot off the gas and turn the steering wheel in the direction of the slide.
- Check your tires regularly to make sure they are properly inflated and in good condition.
Boise, Idaho receives an average of 22 inches of snow each year, though this number can vary greatly from year to year. The record for the most snowfall in a single season in Boise, Idaho was set in the winter of 2008-2009, when the city received a total of 37.6 inches of snow. It is important to drive safely in the snow and ice, and to keep your vehicle in good condition.
National Weather Service: Snowfall in Boise, Idaho
National Weather Service: Snowfall Records for Boise, Idaho
National Weather Service: Winter Driving Safety Tips