Exploring Idaho’s Literary Scene: Authors and Bookstores
Idaho is home to a vibrant literary scene, with a wide range of authors and bookstores to explore. From award-winning novelists to up-and-coming poets, Idaho has something to offer everyone.
Idaho is home to a number of award-winning authors, including:
- William Hjortsberg, author of the novel Falling Angel, which was adapted into the film Angel Heart.
- David Quammen, author of the nonfiction book The Song of the Dodo, which won the Pulitzer Prize for General Non-Fiction.
- Ursula K. Le Guin, author of the novels The Left Hand of Darkness and A Wizard of Earthsea, which are considered classics of science fiction and fantasy.
- Jeannette Walls, author of the memoir The Glass Castle, which was a New York Times bestseller.
- Stephenie Meyer, author of the Twilight series, which has sold over 100 million copies worldwide.
These are just a few of the many talented authors who call Idaho home. For a more comprehensive list, visit the Idaho Writers Guild website.
Idaho is also home to a number of great bookstores, where you can find a wide variety of books by Idaho authors and other writers. Some of the best bookstores in Idaho include:
- Rediscovered Books in Boise, which carries a wide selection of used and rare books.
- The Bookworm in Ketchum, which is known for its extensive selection of books about the outdoors.
- The Library District in Moscow, which has a large collection of books, DVDs, and CDs.
- The Book People in Twin Falls, which is a great place to find books for kids and teens.
- The Idaho Falls Book Center, which has a large selection of books by Idaho authors.
These are just a few of the many great bookstores in Idaho. For a more comprehensive list, visit the Idaho Booksellers Association website.
Idaho also hosts a number of literary events throughout the year, where you can meet authors, hear readings, and learn more about Idaho’s literary scene. Some of the best literary events in Idaho include:
- The Boise Lit Fest, which is held every summer and features a variety of authors, poets, and literary events.
- The Sun Valley Writers Conference, which is held every summer and offers workshops, readings, and panel discussions.
- The Coeur d’Alene Book Festival, which is held every fall and features a variety of authors, poets, and literary events.
- The Idaho Falls Book Festival, which is held every spring and features a variety of authors, poets, and literary events.
These are just a few of the many literary events in Idaho. For a more comprehensive list, visit the Idaho Writers Guild website.
Idaho’s literary scene is vibrant and diverse, with something to offer everyone. Whether you’re looking for a new book to read, a place to meet authors, or an event to attend, Idaho has something for you.
- Idaho Writers Guild
- Idaho Booksellers Association
- Boise Lit Fest
- Sun Valley Writers Conference
- Coeur d’Alene Book Festival
XO REAL ESTATE - Idaho Realtor - Brokered By eXp
All trademarks and brand names are property of their respective owners and are used for identification purposes only, without implying endorsement or affiliation.Content on this website is for informational purposes only. Users are encouraged to verify the information with the original sources.